The Presbyterian Church in New Scotland was founded in 1787, as a mission church on the frontier established by the Presbytery of Suffolk. The original church was completely rebuilt in 1846, using some of the original timbers and parts of the original foundation; the church was enlarged in 1849 to accommodate additional pews.
In 1883 a 1,000-pound Meneely church bell from Troy was installed, and in 1916 a new Estey organ was installed; both the bell and the organ are still used each Sunday for our worship service.
In 1949 the Voorheesville Presbyterian Church merged with ours and brought a beautiful stained glass window of an angel that still stands behind our pulpit. In 1957 a new education wing was built, and in 2003 our building was modified to be completely handicap-accessible.
For more than 200 years New Scotland has prided itself on reaching out to the community, both near and far. In 1899 the first public chicken dinner was held for the community; these days we host a roast pork dinner in the spring and a roast turkey dinner in the fall. We serve several hundred meals at our dinners.
We are known as a friendly, family-oriented church and are proud to be part of the long tradition of serving the New Scotland community.